All Australian Registered Training Organisations are required, by the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) , to collect specific information from learners and the employers of learners participating in nationally recognised training. This Learner Survey is designed to provide information against the AQTF 2007 Learner Engagement Quality Indicator, which helps determine if learners are engaging in activities which are likely to promote high-quality skills outcomes.
The AQTF is the national set of standards which assures nationally consistent, high-quality training and assessment services for the clients of Australia’s vocational education and training system.
The EIT has just received the first set of AQTF employer and learner surveys back from a group of our students, who have recently completed an EIT Advanced Diploma Program, and this is what they had to say:
Best Aspect of EIT Training Programs:
· No physical classrooms Convenient timings – doesn’t affect our routine work Best use of latest internet technology
· Good interaction between people from different parts of the world at the same time
· The course was so interactive and lively, I will miss my classmates and my lecturers
· The best aspect of the training is, it is ideal for working professional who want to pursue a highly accredited Engineering advanced diploma’s/degree without interrupting their work schedule.
· The fact that I could do it part time and did not need to attend formal classes. The focus on practical and relevant skills. Assignments rather than examinations – No pressure to learn the material only to be able to repeat it for an exam. I learned and gained more that way and the knowledge will linger for longer.
· The quality of the course text material
· Interactive webcasts, lecturer availability
· I did not have to travel and most of the time I did it from the comfort /convenience of my home. Also if I missed a session it could be viewed any through the Moodle system.
· All the study materials were in PDF file format so you could have all the course material on your laptop.
- The best aspect of the training was the high quality manuals and slides. These are invaluable reference materials for a practising professional.
- Employee could attend training sessions part time with full normal productivity going.
- Training was focused on relevant. practical and theoretical skills – no unnecessary bits
What sections need improvement?
· Practical experiences sharing
· Providing more practical sessions would be helpful
· Flexibility of the web based presentations.
· Not all assignments returned had model answers available to check where further improvement was needed.
· This course was of long duration and there were a number of different instructors. It would be an advantage if prior to the start of the course a specimen question and answer sheet was given to the students.
· I think the assignment questions need to be proof read before given to the students because some of them contain grammatical errors.
- The slides should not change i.e webcast slides should be the same as slides posted on Moodle. If changes are made this information should be email to students and slides posted in Moodle should be changed.